Horticultural and Domestic Sections.
Entries must be received by the Horticultural Secretary (see entry form) in writing or by e-mail*, on Saturday 24th August 2013 or delivered in person to a Committee Member on the Show Field between 2.00p.m. and 4.00p.m. on Saturday 24th August 2013. Entry fees may be paid when entry cards are collected.
NO BOOKING-IN OF ENTRIES ACCEPTED ON SHOW DAY.
*All Email entries to email@example.com. NOT LATER than 7.00 p.m. Saturday 24th August 2013
- The Committee reserves the absolute right to vary the composition of any Section of the Show, to decline any entry and to cancel any class, sideshow or competition organised by or on behalf of the Society, owing to wet weather or any other unforseen circumstances.
- Except where otherwise stated, all plants, flowers, vegetables or fruit must have been grown by the exhibitor in their own garden or allotment.
- Exhibitors must arrange and stage their own exhibits.
- No exhibit shall disclose the name or any other means of identifying an exhibitor to any Judge. Any exhibit revealing such information before Judging is completed will be disqualified.
- The Judges shall have power to withhold any prize for which they do not consider the exhibits of sufficient merit.
- All protests and objections must be lodged with the Secretary, in writing, (with a deposit of £1.00) before 4.00 p.m. on the day of the Show. Should the Committee consider the protest to be frivolous, the deposit shall be forfeited.
- All exhibits to be staged by 10.20 a.m. on the day of the Show, when the tents will be cleared of all persons except those officially engaged, ready for the Judges to commence their duties at 10.30 a.m. The tents will be re-opened at 1.00 p.m. provided all Judging has been completed. Staging may begin on Sunday 26th August at 4.00p.m. Exhibitors are advised there is no lighting.
- No exhibit is to be removed before 5.00 p.m. The marquee will be closed at 4.45 p.m. to all except exhibitors who, at 5.00p.m., may remove the exhibits which they wish to retain. Any exhibits remaining after 5.15p.m. will be sold in aid of the Society's prize fund.
- All exhibits, personal property etc., shall be at the risk of the exhibitors. The Society shall not be held liable for compensation or loss or damage from any cause whatsoever. Should the Show, for any cause, not be held no exhibitor shall have any claim on the Society.
- Exhibitors may not show more that one exhibit in any class.
- Exhibitors must supply their own vases and bowls, except where otherwise stated.
- The Committee reserve the right to visit, before or after the Show, gardens of competitors from whom entries are received.
- The Show will be conducted in accordance with the rules and standards contained in the R.H.S. Horticultural Show Handbook, except where, under this schedule they do not apply.
- Prize money cannot be claimed after the Show date.
Note: Extract from the Society's rules:
Rule 12. All challenge cups and trophies, the property of the Society, shall be returned to the Main Show Secretary in the same condition in which they were received, one month before the date of the Annual Show.